What's up Buzznet?
Hey I'm Savannah and I'm new to posting on Buzznet so I decided my first post would be the Do's and Don'ts of Warped for any new comers to this years 2013 Vans Warped Tour. Now this may be only my 2nd year of Warped but I did do a lot of research my first year and got along pretty fine. I decided since there isn't much help on what to wear or do unless you look in the Warped boards but since they remodeled the website their is no boards. I really hope this helps!
- Wear sneakers. Vans, Converse, whatever kind of sneaker you have. Toms are okay but they will probably end up falling off and you will lose them so unless you want to lose $40 shoes I wouldn't wear them.
- Wear a tank top. It's summer. It's hot as hell. Tank tops are just better to wear. You can wear band tees if you want but i just advise you to wear a tank top.
- Wear shorts. Again it's hot. I wore skinny jeans last year only because i went to the San Francisco date and it was 70 out and sprinkled so unless you are by the ocean and its 70 or less i wouldn't wear jeans.
- SUN SCREEN SUN SCREEN SUN SCREEN!!!! I can not express this enough please wear some. they usally have some at a tent just in case. i learned the hard way.
- Sun Glasses!! They will be you're best friends because now you can see you're favorite band members face without having to squint the whole time!
- Draw string backpack. You will most likely buy stuff at Warped because of all the tents there and plus you get handed alot of free stuff. Backpacks are fine but people can unzip them and steal your stuff. I learned that the hard way. (Got a poster of Jack Barakat, Beau Bokan, and Levi Benton stolen and my water bottles. :( )
- Money!!! I would bring about $150 at most. There are a lot of tents with your favortie bands selling stuff and it is really tempting to buy their new CD that you've been wanting to buy since forever.
- Water bottles. Sealed bottles. I would bring at least two and there are water filling stations called Kleen Kanteen that fill your waters for free. I can not express enough how importent it is to stay hydrated. (*Note: some venues don't want you to bring water bottles in because they want you to buy the venues waters and they will either A. take your caps so i would bring a few extras, or B. throw them away. Check with the venues rules posted on their website.)
- If you can bring a small snack just in case you start getting hungry. There is food at warped but its expensive so bring a small snack like a gronola bar or crackers.
- Don't forget your ticket!!!!
- Bring a camera so the memories will live on forever.
- Wear light make-up if you are a girl (or boy not judging.) This is not a beauty contest no band member is going to take one look at you and marry you. It will all sweat off. Don't bother caking on the make-up.
- Check the weather before leaving the house just in case you need to change.
- If you are going with friends (Trust me it is not fun to go alone) find a place to meet each other if you get lost or are done seeing different bands. EX. A bands tent, the Fuse tent, etc.
- Check merch tents for signings so you don't miss out on meeting your all time favorite band Sleeping With Sirens.
- Stuff to have band people sign and a sharpie. Band people walk around the venue you might see Chris Drew walking past and you just might need it.
- Make sure to keep your phone charged it's not fun not knowing we're everybody is at the end of the day. Taking pictures is what a camera is for.
- Hair up. It's hot, you sweat, no one wants your sticky hair on them.
- Don't wear jeans unless you don't get hot which i doubt in 100 degree weather you don't get hot.
- Do not wear flip flops unless you want broken toes.
- Don't complain. Yes everyone knows it's hot, yeah everyone else is getting pushed to. shut up. Can't handle it don't go.
- Don't Yell Kellin Quinn's name 1000x times hes not going to notice you. It's not going to happen. (that goes for every other band member as well, ps kellin has a child just don't.)
- Do not go into a mosh pit if you can not get handled being punched in the face just don't.
Other infomation you need to know:
- Warped starts about 10am but i'd get to the venue 2 hours early to get a good spot in line.
- Warped usally ends around 8 or 9.
- Be nice to others pick someone up into the pit, help them with directions, just be nice. everyones there for the same reason, you're accepted there, everyones there for the music don't make fun of other bands or peoples taste in music. That band may have saved their life.
- People smoke. Just deal with it. It's a music festival no ones going to push you into smokinng with them so don't worry about it.
- If you're bringing parents there is a special air conditioned tent for them only parents. No teens aloud.
- You can get Backstage passes but honestly i have no clue how to get one. Anyone knows just comment because i'm clueless.
Anyway that is all i have if you have anymore questions you can comment below or message me. Thanks for reading and i hope you have fun!! (sorry if i sounded rude at all just trying to give it to you straight.)
(Note: i am not in any way involved with Vans or the Vans Warped tour. If i used your photo please comment and i will credit you.)